Friday 20th August 2021
The PECULIAR EXTRAVAGANZA promises to be a day FULL of exciting workshops & performances including the Vegetable Nannies (Plunge Bloom); The Flamingos (Artemis Productions); the Junk Orchestra and many more surprises!
You will be able to :
- Weave your way around the park using our perfectly peculiar map and discover all the ways to play in PORTO’S playground
- See artwork from local schools including Cambridge Road Primary School; The Oaks Community Primary School; Parklands Community Primary School; St. Bernard's RC Primary; Westminster Community Primary School and Wolverham Primary & Nursery School within the park
- Make your own sounds in the Junk Orchestra Sound Garden
- Watch the Junk Orchestra Amphitheatre Performance
- Meet the Vegetable Nannies
- Get hands on and crafty in the Junior Vegetable Nannies Nursery
- Watch and Listen to a Boing Performance
- Meet the Giant Pink Flamingos that have made Whitby Park their home for the day
- An intriguing Cabinet of Curiosity travels through the park accompanied by two enigmatic wanderers! Hidden within the cabinet are treasure hunt clues, puzzles, vignettes, characters and surprises. Are you curious? Will you solve the puzzles and unveil the mysteries? Which stories will the Cabinet reveal? The adventure begins with you...
This year our Community Artist - Jake Ryan, has worked with local schools to create Peculiar Streeets featuring art work from; Cambridge Road Primary School; The Oaks Community Primary School; Parklands Community Primary School; St. Bernard's RC Primary; Westminster Community Primary School and Wolverham Primary & Nursery School. If your school would like to get involved next year, why not drop us a line...
All activities will adhere to the Government’s guidance around COVID-19 please note all information is subject to change or cancellation and updates will be made on this webpage.
- Most activities are for families of all ages
- For family activities all children must attend with an adult and always be supervised
- Please call 0151 357 2120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Porto's Peculiar Playground Arts Adventure Trail and associated activities are completely free and we will be accepting walk-ups throughout the month, but if you can book your place in advance to let us know you'll be coming along, we would appreciate it!
Posted: 27 July 2021