Three Up is an opportunity for you to be part of a unique international community of writers.
It's a six month collaboration between world-class theatres from across the globe. You'll be able to work with internationally renowned professional writers, as well as other young writers from Canada and Australia, and for your ideas and writing to take flight beyond the UK.
We at Action Transport Theatre are partnering with the Australian Theatre for Young People and the Young People's Theatre in Toronto, Canada. Four young writers (aged 13-17) from each country will be invited to take part, communicating across three continents and collaborating to make fresh and exciting writing.
As well as communicating online with the international group of 12 writers, you'll be part of a smaller community of writers here in Ellesmere Port, building your individual playwriting skills.
The project will culminate in a final presentation, where finished pieces will be shared digitally with all the participants.
What we're looking for
We want to find participants who:
- Are between the ages of 13 -17.
- Have experience and interest with creative writing (short stories, plays, poems etc.)
- Have an interest in building international creative collaborations.
- Are able to commit to attend the majority of in-person sessions for the duration of the program (twice a month).
- Are able to commit a minimum of four hours a week to independent writing and/or correspondence with international writing partners.
- Have access to the internet, a personal email address and permission to use a Facebook account to access our closed Facebook group.
What to do next
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 18th NOVEMBER.
The project runs from January-June 2017. We'll be announcing the schedule very soon.
If you're interested in getting involved, download our application form or get in touch with Jess Egan-Simon for more information: email@example.com / 0151 357 2120.
Posted: 31 October 2016