Action Transport Theatre understands how important it is to protect your privacy and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and will only use any personal information you send us for the purposes for which you provide it, or where allowed by law.
We will only hold your information for as long as necessary for these purposes and will not pass it to any other parties unless this is made clear to you. All employees who have access to your personal data or are associated with the handling of that data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
The Personal Data Which We Collect
We collect information from you in a variety of ways. Most information is provided by you, with your consent, when you buy a ticket on our website, by telephone or in person. We also collect information when you browse our website, participate in a survey or email us with feedback.
Personal information is also collected when:
- You join our mailing list
- You participate in one of our projects
- You join our membership scheme
- You make a donation to support us
We will always be clear about the data we are collecting from you during these transactions.
On occasion your information may be supplied to us by third parties for example by other cultural organisations and co-producers who have obtained your permission to share your data and with whom we have a contract on data protection, a copy of which can be found here.
If your data is given to us by a third party because they feel you may be interested in our work, we will contact you to tell you where we obtained the information.
The following data may also be collected automatically when you visit our website:
- IP address
- Referring website
- Web browser and device
- Time of visit
- Date of visit
- Web pages visited
- Geographical location
We only collect personal data which is necessary for the operation of our business and which allows us to:
- Fulfil our obligations to our customers
- Provide good customer service
- Maintain our records and accounts
- Report to funders and other relevant arts organisations
- Develop and promote our work both on and off the stage
Most of the data we collect is obtained directly from you and can include:
- Name and title
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Contact phone number(s)
- Payment card details
- Delivery address(s)
- Billing address
- Transaction History
- Donations made to Action Transport Theatre and Gift Aid status, where applicable and as required by HMRC
- Records of communications sent to you by the Theatre or received from you
- Records of any volunteering by you on behalf of the Theatre
If you are a participant in one of our groups, workshops or productions we may also collect:
- Name and location of your school/college/university
- Name and location of your community group
- Contact details for your parent / guardian
- Dietary requirements or any other sensitive information if required to enable your successful participation
- Photos, film and audio recordings of projects or performances, including consent to utilise
We analyse and combine personal data with other publicly available information to better understand the interests, influence and affluence of our customers, to identify potential supporters and to make appropriate requests for donations.
At times we may collect sensitive personal data, for example disability details or the ethnic origin of a person. This data is only collected with the explicit consent of the individual.
If you have a disability we may also process information in order to allow us to ensure that you have the best possible experience visiting the theatre. This could include:
- A request for assisted hearing
- A request to bring an assistance dog
- Advice about the use of a wheel chair
- A request for a seat for a personal assistant.
Where this data is processed for purposes of monitoring and reporting it is always done anonymously.
How We Use Personal Data
The data which we collect about you helps us to provide you with the best possible service we can. It helps us to better understand what you need and want from us. For example, we will contact you to find out :
How you prefer to receive communications from us. For example via email, post or telephone
- Your interests and preferences (so that you receive the type of information from us which you want)
- How we can improve the service which we offer you
- Audience demographics (for research into who comes to see our shows)
- Your response to and opinions about our work
We process personal data in order to fulfil a contract with you (for example to provide you with a ticket for one of our productions), where we have your consent, where we are legally obliged to and where there is a legitimate interest. For example we may use your data to :
- Process transactions with you, for example ticket purchases or membership renewals
- Create mailing lists to share news and events
- Advise you about practical issues which could affect your booking (for example traffic problems or a change to our programme)
- Raise awareness about fundraising appeals
- Gauge your interest in supporting Action Transport Theatre as a charity
We have an obligation to share data (subject to data protection legislation and opt out rules) with our funders and other Arts Council England funded organisations under written contract with agreed restrictions. This includes:
- A breakdown of ticket sales per performance including demographic,
- Email addresses for all bookers who have agreed to receive a third party mailing
We may need to share personal information with:
- Research companies who help us to understand our audience to enable us to improve our service.
- The police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities.
Anyone who provides a service on our behalf will enter into an agreement with us consenting to meet our data security standards. They will only use your data for the clearly defined service that they are providing.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to our site as no transmission over the internet is 100% secure; any transmission of your data to us is therefore at your own risk.
How Personal Data is Stored
We will never share your personal data with any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent. We will never sell, rent or trade your personal data.
We protect all the personal information we collect. Our computer network is protected, and information in our online accounts is encrypted.
To fulfil our contract with you it’s sometimes necessary for third party providers to have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf (for example, Flowte processes all card payments for us, we use MailChimp to send out communications by email and Charity Checkout administers donations and Friends of ATT memberships).
We will only keep information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and to fulfil our legal obligations. We will never keep more information any than we need to.
Subject Access Request
All organisations have a legal requirement to respond to requests for information on personal data held. An individual has the right to see a copy of the information which an organisation hold on them including:
The entitlement to be told whether any personal data is being processed
- The entitlement to be given a description of the data, the reasons it is processed and whether it will be shared
- The entitlement to be given the source of the data
Every direct marketing email we send you will include details about how to change your contact preferences and how to unsubscribe from future communications.
You have the right to ask us to amend your personal data or stop using it including for marketing purposes. You can do this by phoning, emailing, or in writing using the contact details below.
How to contact us
Action Transport Theatre
The www.actiontransporttheatre.org website is owned and operated by Action Transport Theatre (registered charity No. 1042968). For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and EU GDPR the data controller is Karen Parry, General Manager, Action Transport Theatre, address as above.